The Make-up Artist program is designed to prepare students with the skills; knowledge and ability needed to work in salons, spas and retail make up outlets. Students will learn techniques and fundamentals of professional make up application needed to pursue a career as a makeup artist.
The Face Place Institute of Aesthetics will teach you the secrets of make-up from industry experts. You will learn how to create make-up looks under the guidance of our educators. Prepare to take your artistry to astounding new heights!
Classes are held on Saturdays 1:00pm - 4:00pm. The duration of this course is 10 weeks and costs JM$65,000.
• Maintain a safe, clean and efficient work environment CSBCOR0011A • Prepare clients for salon services CSBCOS0001A • Plan and organize work CSBCOR0021A • Provide lash and brow treatment CSBBTH0062B • Receive and direct clients CSBCCOS0002A • Perform interactive workplace communication CSBCOR0001B • Deliver quality service to customer CSBCOR0041 • Apply knowledge of skin science to beauty treatments CSBBTH0133A • Design and apply facial make-up CSBBTH0122A • Design and apply make-up for remedial camouflage CSBPMA0023A • Schedule and check out clients SCBCOS0012A • Sell products and services CSBCOC0032A • Apply knowledge of nutrition to beauty therapy treatments CSBBTH0093A • Apply knowledge of cosmetic chemistry to beauty therapy treatments CSBBTH0103A • Design and apply make-up for photography CSBBTH0013A • Apply knowledge of electricity to beauty treatments CSBBTH0113A • Perform stock control procedures CSBCOS0052A • Demonstrate retail skincare products CSBBTH0082A • Participate in work teams BSBFLM0043A • Maintain workplace safety BSBCOR0113A • Participate in work teams BSBFLM0043A • Provide lash and brow treatment CSBBTH0062B • Maintain customer relations CSBCOR0003A • Manage Finance CSBCOS0024A • Support leadership in the workplace BSBFLM0023A
All courses at The Face Place Institute outlined are NCTVET curriculum based units. Upon completion of this course, The Face Place Institute certificate is awarded. The Face Place certification are clustered units from the NVQJ qualification plan.
January 23 to March 27, 2021
April 10 to June 12, 2021
• Eyebrow Tweezers • Eyebrow Razors • Assorted Pencils (Light brown, Medium Brown & Dark Brown) • Assorted Concealers in light-medium- dark. (If you’re not building a professional kit, purchase a concealer 1-2 shades lighter than your skin tone.)
• Foundation Primer • Assortment of foundation colours (If you’re not building a professional kit, purchase your foundation match only.) • Assortment of setting/ highlighting Powders. (If you’re not building a professional kit, purchase a colour suited for your skin type [light-medium- dark]. Eg. Shades in Banana- buttercup-topaz, any brand will do.) • Assortment of face powers. ((If you’re not building a professional kit, purchase a colour suited for your skin type [light-medium- dark].) • Assortment of Contour/low lighting Powers. (A shade that’s 1-2 shades darker than your skin tone.) • Assortment of Cheek colours (If you’re not building a professional kit, purchase colours suited for your skin type. Light - medium - dark tones) • Assortment of lip colours (Lipsticks and gloss) • Assortment of lip liners. (If you’re not building a professional kit, purchase colours suited for your skin [light-medium- dark] type. • Highlighting Bronzers (suited for your skin tone) • Finishing spray
• Eyeshadow Primer • Eyeshadow base (white/nude & black; Jumbo pencils can be used.) • Eyeshadows (All three textures, matte, shimmer & satin) • Liquid and or gel liners. • Mascaras (Black, clear, brown) • Lashes (Individual and strip) • Lash Glue (Individual eyelash glue & strip lash glue) • Glitter and its adhesive
• Q-Tips • Facial Tissue (Small) • Make-Up Wedges or a Beauty Blender • Cotton Roll • Cream Cleanser • Witch Hazel • Protective Gears (An Apron for your protection & A Makeup Cape For Client) • Blotting Paper • Lip Balm • Make-Up Spatula • Make-Up Remover • Assorted Make-up Brushes (A brush set can be purchased, ensure that the purchase includes blending brushes for the eyes. If not, these brushes (fluffy and a dense) will have to be purchased separately